- Classification: Seigi Choujin
- Homeland: Sweden
- Height: 183 cm/6'0
- Weight: 78 kg/172
- Choujin Kyoudo: 420,000 Power
- Trademark Techniques: Narayama Backbreaker, Sai no Kawara Lariat
- Tag Teams: Hinotama: Hijiitai (Ilioukhine)
- First Appearance: Manga Chapter 126, Anime Episode ?
- Submitted by: Tetsuya Miyamoto (宮本徹也) (27) of Tokyo
Barrierfreeman is a Gattai Choujin (合体超人, Composite Superman), and is the fusion of the young man Nils (ニルス) and the old man Jiijoman (ジージョマン). Nils' serious consideration towards barrier-free has made him a hero of the senior community, while Jiijoman's violent fighting style and lecherous personality disappoints the seniors. Near the end of their match with Mantaro, Nils allows Mantaro to defeat them and then leaves.
Afterwards Jiijoman also reforms, and from then on they appear as Idol Choujins. Lately it seems as though Jiijoman is becoming a separate person from Nils.
Main Article: Jiijoman
Main Article: Nils
- Narayama Backbreaker (楢山バックブリーカー)
- As Jiijoman, Barrier opens his ribs like a Lion Mouth (ライオンマウス) and grabs his opponent's feet, holding them in place. He then flips them up, causing their back to touch the top of his head, and grabs their wrists, performing a powerful backbreaker.
- Sai no Kawara Lariat (賽の河原ラリアット, Children's Limbo Lariat)
- As Jiijoman, Barrier loosens the skin on his arm and stretches his arm out. He then performs a giant Lariat on his opponent.
- Namu Amiba - Butsudan Kaeshi (南無阿弥陀・仏壇返し, Buddha, Forgive Me - Altar Return)
- From behind his opponent, Barrier places one arm under their arm and the other around their neck. He then bends backwards, slamming their head into the mat.
- Tsuru wa Sen-nen Kame wa Man-nen Punch (鶴は千年亀は万年パンチ, The Crane Lives 1,000, the Turtle Lives 10,000 Punch)
- Jijoman crawls on top of a knocked down opponent and slaps their face intensely with the base of his palm.
- Iboji Mount (イボ痔マウント, Hemorrhoid Mount)
- A desperation chokehold used on The Tattoman to finish him off.
- Debana Shigure (手鼻時雨, Nose Drizzle)
- Barrier closes one nostril with his finger and launches mucus at his opponent out of the other.
- Chichi Obi Mekurumashi (乳帯目眩まし, Blinding Breast Obi)
- Jijoman throws a bra into the opponent's face, covering their eyes and blinding them.
- Reverse Neckbreaker (リバースネックブリーカー)
Choujin Olympics: The Resurrection
Demon Seed Arc
Barrierfreeman reappears as an Idol Choujin during the Demon Seed Arc and fights The Tattooman for Meat's right arm. Barrier sustains large amounts of damage from Tattooman's Great Edo 108th Street Drop and his Jitte attacks. After a magnificent battle, he defeats The Tattooman via double knockout with the Narayama Backbreaker. (more to come)
Barrier is later seen with the other fallen Idol Choujins during the final showdown with Reborn Ashuraman, helping Mantaro climb back into the ring. He and the other fallen Idol's are later revived by the Reborn Diamond.
Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc
Barrierfreeman is one of the Time Warp 8 and travels back in time to the days of the Legends (right after the Dream Choujin Tag Arc conclusion) in order to save Robin Mask from being killed and, by extension, Kevin Mask from being erased from time. During the construction of the time ship he is in charge of Team 3, who are to find the Jikan Choujin's horns for ship fuel (although Barrier spends the entire time reading dirty magazines). On the day of departure he tries to sneak a large amount of adult toys onto the time ship, but Meat reduces his load to just his diapers and false teeth.
After arriving in 1983, a humorous scene occurs when Barrier attempts to purchase a drink with a ¥500 coin, unaware that vending machines back then only took ¥10, 50, and 100 coins. When the Ultimate Choujin Tag Tournament is announced, he teams up with Ilioukhine to form Hinotama: Hijiitai (火の玉・飛爺隊, Fireball Flying Fogey Squad). During the preliminary Battle Royal they confront the Five Disasters. Although the Five Disasters easily dominate them and move on to other opponents, Barrier and Ilioukhine come back and momentarily incapacitate them with the Carnal Desire Payment Bell Toll. When they see that Mantaro is about to be taken out by Neptuneman and Seiuchin's Optical Fiber Cross Bomber, they immediately perform their TOKKO ATTACK and shove Mantaro out of the way. As a result, they become the victims of the Optical Fiber Cross Bomber and the skin on their faces is peeled off.
After the Battle Royal is over, the rest of the New Generation (as well as Chaos Avenir and Robin Mask) find Ilioukhine's black box and hear Hinotama: Hijiitai's final farewell. Later, during the reserve match between The Choppers (Geronimo and Brocken Jr.) and the Five Disasters, the spirits of Ilioukhine and Barrierfreeman arrive to support Geronimo, giving him the Friendship Power he needed to perform his Apache Death Scream and destroy Thunder's "Legend" Destruction Bell.
- Idol Choujin
- The 8 Time Warp Choujin
- Terrible Ero Nuclear Warhead (戦慄のエロ核弾頭, Senritsu no Ero Kakudantou)
- Terrible Ero Nuclear Weapon (戦慄のエロ核爆弾, Senritsu no Ero Kakubakudan)
- Bari-han (バリはん, Barri-san said with a Kansai dialect, but it can also be a pun meaning Barri-Half)
- Win/Loss Record (Singles)