Brocken Jr. (ブロッケンＪｒ．) is a character from Yudetamago's manga and anime series Kinnikuman and its sequel Kinnikuman Nisei. He was voiced by Tetsuo Mizutori in the 1980s and is currently voiced by Yasuhiko Kawazu.
- Name: Brocken Jr. (ブロッケンＪｒ．)
- Classification: Zangyaku Chojin→ Seigi Chojin
- Homeland: West Berlin, West Germany
- Age: 18, 19 (Golden Mask arc), 21 (Throne arc), 55 (Kinnikuman Nisei)
- Height: 195 cm
- Weight: 90 kg
- Chojin Kyodo: 900,000 Power
- Trademark Techniques: Red Rain of Berlin, Black Fog of Hamburg, Bremen Sunset
- Tag Teams: Most Dangerous Combo (Wolfman), The Choppers (Geronimo)
- Trainer: Brockenman
- First Appearance: Manga Chapter 87, Anime Episode 27
- Seiyu: Tetsuo Mizutori, Hirohiko Kakegawa (Throne), Yasuhiko Kawazu (II), Wayne Grayson (English Dub)
Because his father is murdered by Ramenman he initially hates Ramenman as his father's enemy, but after being touched by his greatness they enter into a sensei and pupil type relationship.
Unlike his father, Brocken was raised as a Seigi Choujin (正義超人, Justice Superman), although he'll sometimes fight in his father's brutal style.
The Brocken Family of which he belongs is human, and when a young man reaches adulthood he is given a Totenkopf (ドクロの徽章, Dokuro no Kishō) to wear on his uniform, which turns him into a Chojin. The proof of his Chojin body are the Swastikas that appear on his arms. In the anime Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne, the Totenkopf and Swastikas are replaced with Eagles.
His name was originally spelled as Brocken Junior (ブロッケンジュニア).
- Wayne Grayson (Ultimate Muscle) (English)
- Red Rain of Berlin (ベルリンの赤い雨, Berurin no Akai Ame)
- First used during the Space Samurai Arc. Brocken unleashes a chop at high speed and slices his opponent's body. The "Red Rain" in it's name comes from the fact that when Brocken slices his opponent, blood spews out. His father taught him this technique in his childhood, and later his student Jade learns it.
- Red Downpour of Berlin (ベルリンの赤い豪雨, Berurin no Akai Gōu)
- Brain Claw (ブレーンクロー)
- A special Iron Claw, as Brocken uses his high gripping power to apply great pressure on the head.
- California Crush (カリフォルニア・クラッシュ)
- First used in the Chojin Olympics against Ramenman. A running Oklahoma Stampede.
- Jungyaku Jizai no Jutsu (順逆自在の術 Order and Betrayal At Will)
- After experiencing The Ninja's Jungyaku Jizai no Jutsu numerous times, Brocken learned how to perform the technique.
- Black Fog of Hamburg (ハンブルグの黒い霧, Hanburugu no Kuroi Kiri)
- Used in the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne on Kinnikuman Super Phoenix during the 6-Man Tag Match. Brocken performs a handstand on his opponent's head, then flips forward and kicks them in the face with both feet.
- Bremen Sunset (ブレーメン・サンセット)
- Used in the Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne on Prisman during the 6-Man Tag Match. Brocken jumps up and grabs his opponent, becoming face-to-face in midair, then flips upsidedown and divebombs his opponent head first into the ring.
- Camel Clutch (キャメルクラッチ)
- Chojin-Killer Mist (殺超人ミスト, Satsu Chōjin Misuto)
- Used in Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc on Thunder during the Reserve Match. Brocken spews a poison mist from his mouth, causing his opponent torment. His father Brockenman used a similar technique.
- Uniform Revolution (叛乱の制服, Hanran no Seifuku)
- Used in Kinnikuman Nisei: Ultimate Choujin Tag Arc on Thunder during the Reserve Match. Brocken removes his uniform jacket and uses it to trip his opponent wrapping it around their legs. Serves as a set up for the Stuttgart Depression.
- Brocken's Repatriation (ブロッケンの帰還, Burokken no Kikan)
- Learned by Brocken in place of the Red Rain of Berlin after the Jikan Chojin altered history by severing his left arm. Brocken transforms his left leg into a giant sickle and attacks his opponent.
- Whirlwind of Berlin (ベルリンの旋風, Berurin no Tsumuji Kaze)
- An anime original technique.
- Grey Blade of Solingen (ゾーリンゲンの鈍色刃 Zōringen no Biiro Yaiba)
- Used only in the anime. Used in place of the Bremen Sunset.
- German Suplex
Brocken Jr. is the son of Brockenman, a villain who appeared in the first Chojin Olympics arc and was killed by Ramenman. Brocken Jr. first appeared during the second Monster Honsters story arc in the Kinnikuman manga as a member of a "Chojin Magnificent Seven" (consisting of Kinnikuman, Terryman, Brocken Jr., Ramenman, Beansman, Crystalman, and Puyo-Puyo) who were gathered to save Planet Rakka from invading villains.
He was later one of the entrants in the 21st Chojin Olympics (in fact he was the only German chojin to make it past the first preliminary), and ultimately made it to the final tournament. He was hoping for the chance to pay Ramenman back for his father's death, and they did battle in a concrete ring. Brocken put up a respectable fight, but eventually lost. The normally vicious Ramenman spared him, however, laying the foundation for an enduring friendship. He rooted for Ramenman when he fought and ultimately lost to Warsman.
Brocken Jr. fought again when the Seven Akuma Chojin challenged Kinnikuman, and fought Mr. Khamen. Brocken was on the verge of being mummified when another chojin, eventually revealed to be Mongolman, joined the fight and saved him.
During the Golden Mask arc, he took part in a very brutal match against The Ninja, eventually coming out the victor.
Brocken was present during Kinnikuman's coronation, where the 5 Fated Princes first showed up. He then surprised everyone by serving as Second-in-Command on Team Soldier. He, Soldier, and Buffaloman took part in a 6-Man Tag match against Super Phoenix, Mammothman, and Prisman. In order to protect Soldier from Prisman's Chojin-destroying Rainbow Shower beam, Brocken removed the skull badge on his hat, removing his Chojin body. Because the beam only destroyed Chojin bodies, he was able to use his body as a shield until the sun began to set (the sun being the source of its power). Weakened, Super Phoenix and his men began to beat on Brocken. With his last ounce of strength (and after his skull badge flew back to his hat), he threw himself and Prisman out of the floating ring with his Bremen Sunset technique. He shattered Prisman's head on a statue and then fell into the canyon below and died. He was later revived (along with the rest of Team Soldier) with Kinnikuman's Face Flash.
Brocken Jr. reappeared in public to be Jade's Second.
- Family: Brockenman (father, deceased)
- Favorite Food: Beer and Sausage
- Hobbies: Reading
- Blood Type: AB
- Other: 200 Gripping Power (Can crush an apple with one hand)
- Submitted by: Hiroyuki Nagao (長尾弘幸) of Nagasaki.
- Theme Song: "Red Rain of Berlin (ベルリンの赤い雨, Berurin no Akai Ame)" by Takayuki Miyauchi
- Chōjin Brass Knuckle Champion
- Berlin Chōjin Heavyweight
- 1st Kinnikuman Nisei ~All Chojin Dai Shingeki~ Popularity Contest (11th Place)
- Chōjin Blood Brigade - Second-in-Command
- Red Rain of Berlin (ベルリンの赤い雨, Berurin no Akai Ame)
- Proud Germanic Soldier (誇り高きゲルマン戦士, Hokoritakaki Geruman Senshi)
- Hero of West Germany (西ドイツの英雄, Nishi Doitsu no Eiyū)
- Dämon Lehrer (鬼の師匠, Oni no Reeraa)
Win/Loss Record (Singles)
- O 200 unknown opponents
- O Watchman (Camel Clutch)
- X Ramenman (Romero Special)
- O Mister Khamen (*Interference from Mongolman)
- O The Ninja (Trip to Hell)
- Δ Prisman (Bremen Sunset→ Double KO)
- X Kinnikuman (Kinniku Buster)
- O Crushman (Red Rain of Berlin)
- X Psychoman (Lift-Up Slam)
Win/Loss Record (Tag)
- X Five Disasters (Prelude to Justice Crumbling→ Death Watch Branding)
- Win/Loss Record (Anime Only)
- Δ Black Fighter (Spinning Back Kick→ Double KO)
- O Black Rain (Red Rain of Berlin)
- O Jaws Satan (Brain Claw)
- Δ Jaws Satan (Red Rain of Berlin)
- O New Black Rain (Enzuigiri)
- Δ Snowman Corps (Red Rain of Berlin) (Tag Match with Wolfman)
- Δ Senjukan (Red Rain of Berlin→ Double KO)
- O Baracky (Red Rain of Berlin)[Heinous Chojin Arc]
Controversy and other curiosities
Kinnikuman was banned in France because of Brocken Jr.'s presence, as he was supposed to be a "good Nazi", which is seen by many to be an oxymoron. Likely for similar reasons, when the M.U.S.C.L.E. toy line was brought to America, Brocken was absent from the selection of figures and he was eliminated from the tie-in Nintendo game and replaced with Geronimo. Although strangely, a character who looks like Brocken can be seen in the last panel of the story comic that came with large figure packs.
As of Kinnikuman Nisei, his swastikas have been removed due to Japan's increasing cultural sensitivity.