- Classification: Akuma Chojin→ Seigi Chojin
- Homeland: Spain
- Age: 30, 31 (Golden Mask arc), 33 (Throne arc), 67 (Nisei)
- Height: 250 cm
- Weight: 220 kg
- Chojin Kyodo: 10,000,000 Power
- Favorite Techniques: Hurricane Mixer, Choujin Cross Slam, Buffalo Bomb
- Tag Teams: 20 Million Powers (Mongolman)
- First Appearance: Manga Chapter 122, Anime Episode 48
Buffaloman is a charging bull-themed Chojin and one of the Seven Akuma Chojin who were said to be too strong and brutal and banished to the ends of the universe. He is very large and has two curved horns called Long Horns (ロングホーン) on both sides of his head. His techniques and fighting style usually rely on his immense strength and power, but in tight situations he can lower his power in order to become faster. Additionally, he specializes in brutal fighting and has a spike on each knee. On the other side though, he is quite clever and will often lure his opponents into wasting stamina.
Depicted as a formidable opponent far more powerful than any other Chojin to appear before him, the concept of Chojin Kyodo was introduced specifically to illustrate this. Buffaloman's Chojin Kyodo is 10,000,000 Power, which is 10 times that of Warsman, Kinnikuman's greatest opponent before him. By the end of the series many Chojin who surpass 10,000,000 Power have appeared, but Buffaloman still boasts of his power and it is the only one treated as an advantage.
Though an Akuma Chojin, he normally fights honorably and shows his opponents respect. During his fight with Kinnikuman his good heart is awakened, and he is revived as a Seigi Chojin after his first death.
The buffalo in his name more than likely comes from the water buffalo, as his Long Horns resemble theirs. Also, his hailing from Spain and his habit of charging forward with his Long Horns in front implies he may be inspired by bullfighting as well.
Yudetamago have stated that Buffaloman is modeled after professional wrestler Bruiser Brody. In tribute to the larger Brody's tag team collaboration with the smaller Jimmy Snuka, Buffaloman is paired in tag matches with smaller characters like Springman and Mongolman.
- Masaharu Satou in Kinnikuman
- Kazuo Oka in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne (~ep. 23)
- Juji Matsuda in Kinnikuman: Scramble for the Throne (ep. 24~)
- Kenji Nomura in Kinnikuman Nisei
- Wayne Grayson and Dan Green in Ultimate Muscle (English Dub)
- Rafael Ignacio Gómez in Ultimate Muscle (Spanish Dub)
- Hurricane Mixer (ハリケーンミキサー)
- Buffaloman charges through the enemy, thus the enemy will be sent skyward thus being rendered in a spinning daze until they hit the floor.
- Tomahawk Hurricane (トマホーク・ハリケーン)
- Buffaloman spins rapidly around his opponent, tearing away at him.
- Demonic Necromancy Scar Transfer (悪魔霊術キズうつし Akuma Reijutsu Kizu Utsushi)
- Buffaloman focuses his scars into one of his Long Horns, transferring the wounds onto his enemy.
- Kinniku Buster Reversal (キン肉バスター返し Kinniku Basutā Kaeshi)
- When Kinniku Suguru attempts the Kinniku Buster on him, Buffaloman uses his superior power to reverse their positions so Buffaloman is the one who has Suguru trapped in the Kinniku Buster.
- Hurricane Heat (ハリケーンヒート)
- Buffaloman flings his enemy into the air and spins them on their back on his Long Horn.
- Chojin Cross Slam (超人十字架落とし Chōjin Jūjika Otoshi)
- Buffaloman attacks the enemy with his horns and attacks with his horns several times as the enemy fall, keeping them airborn, Buffaloman then jumps in the air and cross slams the enemy.
- Buffalo Bomb (バッファローBOMB)
- Buffaloman grabs his opponent by the torso, jumps into the air and performs a powerbomb. First used on Mammothman in order to retrieve Ataru's prophecy page.
- Back Breaker
- Anime only.
- Hurricane Gigablaster (ハリケーン・ギガブラスター)
- A stronger version of the Hurricane Mixer, where after building up speed from swinging around on the corner posts with multiple Long Horn Boomerangs, he bounces off of a corner post and launches himself at his opponent.
Buffaloman was originally a Chojin Kyodo 1,000,000 Power Chojin who was continually beaten because he lacked skill. He eventually met and struck a deal with Satan, who granted him more Chojin Kyodo each time he killed another chojin. Eventually he killed so many that his power had climbed to 10,000,000. He and his comrades, all known as the Seven Akuma Chojin (Springman, Atlantis, Stereo Cassette King, Black Hole, Mister Khamen, and The Mountain), were eventually captured by a grouping of 100,000 Seigi Chojin and Space Police and trapped in a Chojin Roach Motel and sent into space. The Roach Motel was accidentally opened when Kinnikuman was thrown straight onto the release mechanism by an obese fangirl.
Buffaloman and the other Akuma Chojin arrived at the scene where Kinnikuman and his friends were celebrating the conclusion of the 21st Chojin Olympics. Desiring to see how strong today's Chojin heroes were, Buffaloman split Alexandria Meat's body into seven pieces so as to force Kinnikuman to beat them all in 10 days if he wanted to save his friend. When Kinnikuman was too injured to keep fighting the Seven Devils after he had beaten SteCassette King and Black Hole, his friends stepped in to take on the remaining Devil Chojin in his place, and Buffaloman was pitted against Warsman. Warsman was constantly stymied by Buffaloman's superior power, and although he managed to break off one of Buffaloman's longhorns, he was killed in the end.
Buffaloman faced Kinnikuman in a double match with Springman in the final match of the story arc. Despite it being called a tagteam match, Buffaloman's attention was focused exclusively on Kinnikuman while Springman fought and lost to Mongolman. Buffaloman was an extremely tough opponent, using his power to reverse Kinnikuman's trademark finishing move, the Kinniku Buster, but lost control of his power when he absorbed Kinnikuman's Kajiba no Kuso Djikara (Burning Inner Strength). Because of the respect Kinnikuman showed him even though they were mortal enemies, Buffaloman changed sides at the end of the match and vowed to join the Seigi Chojin if he survived Satan's punishment for defeat. He was fatally injured by Satan, but before he died gave up his Chojin Power, bought with the blood of other heroes, to bring Warsman, Robin Mask and Wolfman, who had died fighting his teammates, back to life.
He appeared again during the Golden Mask arc in Asuraman's corner during Kinnikuman's fight with him, but turned on Asuraman and became a good guy for the remainder of the series. He then faced the Devil Knights leader, Akuma Shogun, in order to give Kinnikuman more time to perfect the Kinniku Driver. He was eventually defeated by Akuma Shogun's Hell's Guillotine technique. During the fight between Akuma Shogun and Kinnikuman, Shogun began to revive the Devil Knights and absorb them to become more powerful. But Buffaloman put on Shogun's mask/head and fought them off, giving Kinnikuman the chance he needed to defeat Shogun with the Kinniku Driver.
Dream Tag Tournament
Buffaloman returned as Mongolman's partner in the Dream Tag Tournament, forming the 20 Million Powers. The name of their combo came from Buffaloman's 10,000,000 power and Mongolman's 10,000,000 techniques (10 Million+10 Million). Their first match was to be against the Most Dangerous Combo (Brocken Jr. and Wolfman), but the match was interrupted when Screw Kid and Kendaman arrived and took out the Most Dangerous Combo. This resulted in the 20 Million Powers fighting the Perfect Chojins instead. The match began with a fierce one-on-one battle between Buffaloman and Kendaman, but Buffaloman eventually took them both out with his Hurricane Mixer. Fearing the punishment that comes from failing their Boss, Screw Kid and Kendaman begins using dirty tactics. In the end, the 20 Million Powers were able to defeat them with their Long Horn Train technique. For losing, Screw Kid and Kendaman were destroyed by their bosses, the Hell Missionaries (Neptuneman and Big the Budou).
In the next round, Buffaloman and Mongolman faced the Hell Missionaries themselves. Though they tried their best, Neptuneman and Budou made short work of them with their Magnet Power. The 20 Million Powers refused to give up, however, and tried their Long Horn technique again. Unfortunately, the Hell Missionaries were able to defeat it. The match ended with Mongolman being unmasked and revealed to be Ramenman after being hit with the Cross Bomber.
Later, Buffaloman donated the last of his Long Horns to Doctor Bombe so Bombe could repair Kinnikuman's severed arm.
He is once again teamed with Mongolman as the 20 Million Powers.
Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne
When Kinnikuman's right to the Kinniku Throne was challenged by five pretenders to the throne, Buffaloman (along with Brocken, Ashuraman, and The Ninja) surprised everyone joining Team Soldier. Buffaloman, without his Long Horns, took part in only one fight.
In the final match during the semi-finals battle against Team Super Phoenix and Team Soldier, Soldier, Buffaloman, and Brocken competed in a 6-Man Tag Match against Super Phoenix, Mammothman, and Prisman. The match took place in a floating multi-sided ring. Buffaloman, for the most part, fought against Mammothman. Tremendously weaker without his Long Horns, he found himself losing against the nearly unstoppable Mammothman. He was finally able to gain and advantage when Kinnikuman returned the Long Horns used to fix his arm before the Tag match finals. Soon after, Brocken took out Prisman, but then fell into the canyon below and died. Seeing how much Soldier and Buffaloman cared for their fallen comrade convinced Super Phoenix that Soldier wasn't the real Soldier.
As Soldier begins to have his true identity figured out by his own father Mayumi as his long-lost elder son Ataru, the Evil Gods choose to sabotage him to eliminate him and help Phoenix win the tournament. The God of Brutality steals a page from the Muscle Prophecy, a book owned by Kinniku Clan royalty which contains past, present, and even future information on every Chojin ever, as a means to reveal who Soldier is to Super Phoenix. As the God of Brutality attempts to give the page to Super Phoenix via Mammothman, Buffaloman sees a vision of Mayumi in his head, forcing him to take the page to protect it. As the mammoth Choujin prepares to hand it to Phoenix, the bull Chojin performs the Chojin Cross Drop on him, jumping out of the ring and forcing Buffaloman to hold the page in his mouth. As they fall, Mammothman hits Buffaloman with his Nose Fencing technique and retains the page. At the last second, Buffaloman hits Mammothman with a Buffalo Bomb on the roof of the Himeji/Nagoya castle and saves the page again.
The Evil Gods then arrived and began attacking the floating ring in an attempt to take out Ataru. As the ring fell, Buffaloman caught it and held it up. Weakened from the battle with Mammothman, he put on a red headband given to him by the other Seigi Chojins and found enough strength to not only hold the ring up longer but also remove his arm guards and toss them up to Ataru. He then pushed it into the air and as it fell again, he jumped up and hit it with a Hurricane Mixer, successfully putting it back in mid-air. Unfortunately, Buffaloman had no more strength and fell into the canyon below. He is revived (along with his teammates) after the tournament by Kinnikuman's Face Flash.
Perfect Origin Arc
Like all the other Idol Choujin, Buffaloman was sent off to his home of Spain by Harabote so he could be placed in Medical Suspension, to help him recover from his many injuries from matches past.
However, when he finished his Medical Suspension and made his return while the Seven Devil Choujin invaded the full-scale tournament going on, he declared he was a Devil Choujin again, renegading on his Idol Choujin friends out of nowhere. After Black Hole's match with Dalmatiman, Buffaloman announces that the Devil Choujin are going to purge all Perfect Choujin for their master, Akuma Shogun. During the first stage, he mostly oversees how the Devil Choujin fight the Perfect Choujin.
In a flashback, it's revealed that Buffaloman made the choice to return back to the Devil Choujin and fight alongside them, which the Seven Devil Choujin welcomed greatly. But they wouldn't let him join them to fight the Perfect Large Numbers because he was their "ace", their leader and without them, the Seven Devil Choujin couldn't perform at their best.
Later on, when the full scale tournament progresses to its Second Stage, on the Step Pyramid, Buffaloman gets to fight Perfect Large Number Turboman, but the match doesn't last long, as Black Hole's match with Jack Tea causes the step between Buffaloman's stage and Springman's stage, where he was fighting Grim Reaper, collapses, with Buffaloman and Turboman falling onto the lower step, which ends up leaving two Devil Choujin and two Perfect Choujin in the same ring. Reluctantly, Harabote officially declares a tag match between The Diabolos and the John Does. Midway through the tag match, both Springman and Turboman get killed during it, leaving Buffaloman and Grim Reaper to duke it out.
Grim Reaper initially has control over the match, as he constantly avoids and stops Buffaloman's Hurricane Mixer multiple times, and he constantly tries to goad Buffaloman into unleashing his full power, as Buffaloman showed he could've had more than his reputed 10 Million Choujin Power during the tag match. But when Buffaloman does, Grim Reaper takes advantage and uses the Earth Unit he took from Turboman to measure Buffaloman's power, which is revealed to be an incredible 80 Million Power. This sheer amount was enough to destroy the Earth Unit and shock Grim Reaper long enough for Buffaloman to hit him with his Hurricane Mixer and ultimately beat him with his Choujin Cross Slam. After the match, Buffaloman decides, against the Justice Choujin's wishes, to murder Grim Reaper after he goads him again to show his allegiance.
After the Perfect Origin hit the scene, and Grim Reaper reveals himself to be Psychoman, Buffaloman decides to make up for letting him escape alive, but Devil Knight Planetman beats Buffaloman to fighting Psychoman. Buffaloman mostly observes while the Devil Knights take on the Perfect Origin.
Once all the factions converge for the "Unforgiven Yggdrasil" Showdown, Buffaloman gets a chance to fight Perfect Origin Ganman, who killed Devil Knight Sneagator, the Seven Devil Choujin's trainer. The match starts off majorly one-sided, as Ganman constantly counters and slams Buffaloman. It's not until Akuma Shogun tells Buffaloman to use any means to win and gain strength that can surpass the gods that Buffaloman goes all out. However, it becomes apparent that when Buffaloman taps into his maximum power, his blood and conesquently his heart of justice starts to come back, which is why he initially held back, fearing doing that would mean betraying his Devil Choujin friends.Ironically, when Buffaloman drops his act, he turns the focus onto Ganman, wondering why someone who values honesty so much won't use his "Cyclops", his one eye that can see through any lies, on his master, the Choujin Enma. Ganman reacts badly to this accusation, and tries to quickly finish off Buffaloman. However, Buffaloman takes advantage of this and fools Ganman into directing his Cyclops at Strong The Budo, distracting him long enough for Buffaloman to finish him off with a new move; the Hurricane Giga Blaster.
- Submitted by: Takahisa of Tochigi Prefecture.
- Theme Song: "Devil Buffalo" (悪魔の猛牛, Akuma no Mōgyū) by Takayuki Miyauchi
- Chojin Super Heavyweight Champion
- Chojin Cage Match Champion ('80)
- Devil Chojin Carnival Winner ('81)
- 1st Kinnikuman Nisei ~All Chojin Dai Shingeki~ Popularity Contest (20th Place)
- Seven Devil Chojins Leader
- Chojin Blood Brigade: Center Guard
- Wild Bull
- Chojin Power Plant
Win/Loss Record (Singles)
- O 900 unknown opponents
- O Warsman (Hurricane Mixer)
- X Kinnikuman (Double Kinniku Buster)
- X Akuma Shogun (Hell's Guillotine)
- O Mammothman (Buffalo Bomb)
- O Ganman (Hurricane Giga Blaster)
- X Buki Boy (Choke Sleeper)
- X Terry the Kid (Texas Clover Hold)
- X Jade (SSD)
- X The Constellation (Nuvoa Suplex)
Win/Loss Record (Tag)
- O Most Dangerous Combo (Outside Interference)
- O Perfect Choujin Combo (Long Horn Train)
- X Hell Missionnaires (Cross Bomber)
- X Muscle Brothers Nouveau (Muscle Evolution)
- O John Does (Diabolos Longhorn Train)
- Win/Loss Record (Anime Only)
- O Black Satan (Hurricane Missile)
- O Stone Satan (Hurricane Mixer)
- X Satan King (Belly to Belly Suplex)
- O Hydra Eye (Long Horn Pierce)
- Δ The Nio (Long Horn Train) (Tag Match with Ramenman)
- Δ Magorakas (Long Horn Boomerang→ Double KO)
- O Chikara (Hurricane Mixer)[Psycho Choujin Arc]
- O Kinnikuman (Hurricane Mixer)[Goku'aku Choujin Arc]
- Δ Ramenman (Match cancelled)[Goku'aku Choujin Arc]
- X Kinnikuman (Sword of Justice)[Goku'aku Choujin Arc]
- In his match with Akuma Shogun in the manga, Buffaloman removes a wig from his head to reveal a bald, devil-like scalp. The wig removing scene is supposed to show that Buffaloman had shaved his head in contrition for his deeds as an Akuma Chojin, and that he had been concealing that he had been a Seigi Chojin all along during the Golden Mask Arc. But even some Japanese readers found this confusing and thus this was totally dropped in the anime.
- Buffaloman appears in the Kinnikuman chapter of Super Kochikame, in which he is arrested by Nakagawa for weight training at a Shinto shrine.
- In Mattel's M.U.S.C.L.E. toyline, Buffaloman was renamed Terri-Bull, leader of the villainous Cosmic Crunchers.
- In the Ultimate Muscle American 4Kids dub, he was portrayed with a heavy Russian accent and occasional Russian exclamations like "Bolshevik!"