Chōjin Kyōdo (超人強度), literally Superhuman Strength, is the system for measuring the strength of Choujin. They are measured by units called Power (パワー) (ex: 950,000 Power).
The existence of Chōjin Kyoudo is first mentioned during the Warsman/Buffaloman fight during the Seven Devil Chōjins Arc. Warsman, being the Chōjin Olympics runner-up and a big-wheel in the Chōjin World, has the highest Kyoudo amongst the Idol Choujin (1,000,000 Power). However, Buffaloman possessed a 10,000,000 Power
From then on in the series, when new Chōjins appear their personal Kyoudo is noted. In the final story arc, Survivor Match for the Kinniku Throne, Chōjins with a 100,000,000 Power appear but are defeated by Kinnikuman, Robin Mask, and others with less than 1,000,000 Power, leading many fans to believe that the Kyōdos had very little to do with a Chōjins abilities after all. In the sequel, Kinnikuman Nisei, the concept of Chōjin Kyōdo is continued, but although each Chōjin's personal Kyoudo is noted it is almost never important to the story and they are rarely far away from the 1,000,000 mark.
Notable uses of Chōjin Kyōdo
- Buffaloman's Kinniku Buster Reversal requires him to increase his Chōjin Kyōdo 10-fold.
- Buffaloman was originally a regular 1,000,000 Power Chōjin, but was promised 1,000,000 Power from Satan for each Chōjin he defeated, leading to his trademark 10,000,000 Power.
- During the Akuma Chōjin Arc, Buffaloman was shown to be able to raise and lower his Chōjin Kyōdo from 0 to 10,000,000 at will. When lowered to 0, he could move so fast no one could see him.
- Chōjins can give amounts of their Power to other Chōjins, and if they use an amount equal to a deceased Chōjin's Kyoudo they can be revived. This does not work on regular humans.
(more to come)
Main Chōjin's Kyōdo
The confirmed highest Chōjin Kyōdo is the Chōjin Gods' 100,000,000 Power, while the smallest is Kani Base's 2 Power. Most Kyōdo are listed in the 10,000 Power.
Below are the Chōjin Kyōdos that are particularly significant to the story.
- 950,000 Power - Kinniku Suguru
- 1,000,000 Power - Warsman
- 10,000,000 Power - Buffaloman
- 70,000,000 Power - Kinniku Suguru when using the Kajiba no Kuso Djikara (First Established in the Dream Chōjin Tag Arc)
- 100,000,000 Power - Chōjin Gods, Five Fated Princes (Kinnikuman Super Phoenix etc.)
For individual Chōjin's Chōjin Kyōdo, see List of Kinnikuman characters and Kinnikuman Nisei.
- List of Chōjin by Kyōdo - Japanese Fansite